MyFarm is seeking new interns for the 2016/2017 season.
Teacher / Teacher interns:
Do you enjoy being around children and sharing your knowledge? At MyFarm, we host a drop-in school for kids from the Nema Kunku area to come, learn, and play. The mission of the school is to inspire children to learn through playing by using various educational tools such as Lego, iPads, reading books, creative activities, basic farming activities, and through supporting other area school activities, when needed. Children attending the drop-in school typically range for 5 to 15 years of age, and their educational level also ranges from entirely lacking any formal education, to demonstrating good literacy skills. At MyFarm, we hope to inspire children to want to learn more, and to show them the possibilities that can arise from gaining more educational skills.
At the drop-in school, we have schedules for different topics that we teach, and program sessions that the kids should follow. The role of the teacher is there to oversee and inspire our students, and to work with them so they feel that an adult is recognizing them. We also have frequent visits to other local schools, which need to be attended by our teachers.
Candidates must have good mathematic, written and verbal English skills. Candidates must demonstrate such skills prior to hiring.
The drop-in school is open from 8-5 every day, and therefore, candidates need to be flexible on the hours and the days in which they can work (in teams and with the other teacher).
This can be the right job for you if you:
- Are a very quick learner and like to apply, teach and share new skills.
- Have a positive spirit and love to be with children.
- Look for the potential in children, and can inspire them to succeed.
- Have a caring personality and leadership skills that children will respect and enjoy
- Are out-going, can work independently, take responsibility, and have pride in your
- Can see the bigger picture. As part of the work that you are doing, you are sparking
the curiosity in children to learn more and dream bigger.
- A team player. You will be working with other team members from MyFarm and it is
necessary to work closely together to achieve our goals.
If you feel your skills match all of the items listed above and you think that this job position is of interest to you, please pay us a visit or write us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that describes who you are, and what you have done in the past that demonstrates that you meet the above qualifications. We hope to hear from you before the 30th of September, but sooner is better.
Internship terms will be discussed once short listed.